Our team is located in Berkeley, California. We are a passionate group of food lovers on a mission to improve the state of animal welfare. If you are interested in joining our team, please send a Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
R&D Product Developer/Food Scientist
As a R&D Product Development Scientist at the Northern California facility you will have the opportunity to apply your Food Sceince knowledge by working on critical projects at MrUmami. R&D Scientists are responsible for recognizing specific product-related opportunities to maximize market performance of existing products and apply creative project management skills to ensure success in the novel new food products category.
- Provide technical risk assessment for new product development
- Develop new product process methodologies to improve overall manufacturing process
- Perform cost evaluations on ingredients, ingredients suppliers, and product formulations
- Develop product formulations that leverages expertise in food or beverage chemistry and ingredient functionality
- Develop all-encompassing product attribute specifications for new products
- Partner with ingredient manufacturers to leverage vendor expertise in ingredient functionality
- Participate in quality/product improvement and productivity initiatives
- Experience in juice or beverage product development preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of product development protocols, including formulation, stability testing, product/package interaction, sensory and consumer testing methodology
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A team player with outstanding written and communication skills
- B.S. in Food Science & Technology or related scientific field.
- Experience in Research and/or Industry a plus
- Basic knowledge in food technologies and product development
- Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into strategic and tactical project goals and objectives
- Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances utilizing internal and/or external resources
If you are interested in this position, please contact email@example.com.
Recruiters, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org